Thursday, August 27, 2015

Rainy day mornings...

I woke up late this morning. At least it was late according to the bedside clock. A glance outside revealed an ominous sky, scattered raindrops, and a pre-storm atmosphere.....perfect for catching a few more minutes of sleep, but alas, it was too late. I was already awake for the day.

There was a time when days like this would entice me to stay abed until mid-morning. Now, it's just a pleasant break from the typical August day, and the enticement is to grab a cup of coffee, sit on the back porch, and enjoy the serenity of the cows grazing on the still green grass of summer. I think as I get older, the pleasures are more about the time I spend awake than the hours lolling in bed.

Rainy mornings, and they have been plentiful this summer, are times to be savored. Some of the typical chores can be put on hold until the weather is more cooperative, and like most, I enjoy the respite from the drudgery.

So, why is it that, today, I find myself wandering through the house, waiting not so patiently for the skies to clear so I can get back to what needs to be done?

Sometimes, I find it difficult to figure myself out......again, giving support to why this blog is named What do I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment