Monday, August 14, 2017

Looking back....why?

Looking back....why? I don't know.

I guess it's because I've come to accept the fact that I'm closer to the end than to the beginning. That's a hard pill to swallow for a guy who's always fancied himself as a long-term planner, and one who has always looked to the future.

To be perfectly honest it's a bit unnerving to realize that most of your life is in the rear view mirror, with the horizon looming larger and larger ahead of you. It's not that I'm afraid of what lies beyond; I'm not. I'm very comfortable with my faith, and know that our short stint here on earth is just the beginning.

What, then, should I be doing for the next twenty years, or so?

I continue to work, even though most of my friends can't figure out what I do, or why. However, there's a bit less work on my plate now, and my appetite for doing it is waning. I still enjoy what I do around the ranch, and it's still rewarding to see my clients succeed as I play a small role in showing them the way.



Life continues to be good, and a new life begins everyday!

Looking back....why? There is still so much to look forward to!

I'll continue to plan for the best, and cope with the rest. Will it be good? Who knows? Life holds no guarantees; it's what you make of it that counts.

That's what I believe, but as everyone here is already aware, What do I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment